New Hope Christian College
Bachelor of Science
The Creative Arts Department is a dynamic community of Christ-centered professional performers, teachers, and students who collaborate to make Jesus visible through the arts. The mission of the Creative Arts program is to equip graduates with the tools and experience needed to oversee a thriving worship and creative arts ministry within the local church or para-church ministry while also pursuing the development and refinement of their “platform of excellence.”
Discover Your Fit
It is our goal at New Hope Christian College to train up Creative Arts students who will discover their unique contributions in presenting the gospel in new and creative ways using the gifts and passions that the Lord has placed within them. To accomplish this goal, we have developed a cutting edge Creative Arts program that combines a strong biblical foundation with excellent teaching, practical training in ministry and deep, heartfelt communication of the Gospel that will reach minds and touch hearts for eternity. Entrance to the Creative Arts program is through invitation after having completed the application process. Each audition will require the applicant to demonstrate an intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in their platform of excellence. This ensures that performance standards are kept high and that CA students graduate as accomplished artists in their own field.
- Four years of private, professional instruction in a platform of excellence: music, worship leading, drama, dance, media and production.
- Highly qualified instructors with real-world experience in live stage and theater performance, composition, ministry, and church worship ministry.
- Integration of current technology into all aspects of the Creative Arts program.
- Cross-training in music, technology, dance, and drama built into every concentration.
- Performance and outreach groups, as well as faculty/student, directed ensembles.
- Dream/Capital Recording Studio
- Rexius Events Center (Digital Audio, Lighting, & LED video wall)
- Keyboard and MIDI Lab
- Audio/Video Production Suites
- Two Recital Halls
- Private Practice Studios
- Knowledge of contents and nature of the Bible
- The ability to correctly interpret, understand, apply, and communicate Scripture using the
- Ability to reason clearly and biblically about the Christian faith through an established
- Develop implementable discipleship plans in the area of one's passions and giftings
- The ability to communicate with an astute awareness in verbal and written form for the
purpose of leading others to deeper devotion to Christ
- Observable program specific ministry skills of project executions, influence, and building
and leading teams
- Verified excellence in a chosen creative arts platform
- Visibly improved character
- Established habits for spiritual vibrancy