OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVOLVEMENT AND GROWTH
Students at NHCC are given several opportunities to be involved in the process of planning and governing.
Student leadership opportunities include Associated Student Body Executive Council (ASB).
Student Council & ASB Representatives
The Associated Student Body of New Hope Christian College is represented in College government by
elected executive officers from the student body and by other student representatives.
Elected ASB officers represent students in liaison roles with NHCC President’s Cabinet, on the
Accreditation Steering committee, and by representation on several standing committees. These five ASB
- President–the ASB President serves the student body as the executive authority for all ASB activity and as
the liaison between the ASB and the President’s Cabinet, faculty and staff.
- Vice President–the ASB Vice President serves the student body as the support and accountability to the
ASB President. They are specifically in charge of overseeing and supporting Student Council
- Campus Culture Director–the Campus Culture Director serves the student body by supporting the
community’s pursuit of character through connecting students, empowering students, and creating
community activities in such a way that students’ voices are heard and they are encouraged to grow
- Communications Director-the Communications Director serves the student body as the head of
communications. The communications director is responsible for the recording of minutes in every meeting
maintaining consistent updates to the ASB Advisor and any Faculty and Staff needed.
- Activities’ Director-Activities’ Director serves the student body by listening to the students’ desires,
having a pulse of campus tone and planning, organizing, and executing campus events to fit the desires of
the student body.
- D-Crew Captain-comes up with themes for athletic games and activities as well as rally the students, fans,
and staff and faculty for athletic home events. The D-Crew coordinator serves the student body by
promoting the core values and by representing them in matters or our Athletic events.