New Hope Christian College, an institution of higher education, exists to disciple emerging Christian leaders by developing their theology, ministry skills, and character in order to win souls, plant fruitful churches, and lead as exemplary ambassadors for Christ in the ministry and marketplace.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Through the ministry of Fred Hornshuh, Sr. and others in the early 1920s, spiritual revival came to the greater Eugene area in Oregon, giving birth to several congregations that later organized under the name of Bible Standard Churches. In response to the emerging need for training for those being called to preach, Bible Standard Theological School was begun in January 1925 with Hornshuh as its first president. Classes initially met in Lighthouse Temple, but by 1948 the school occupied its own building at Twelfth and Olive in Eugene. In 1940, the school began to offer a full-time day program. In 1967, ground breaking at the present location on Bailey Hill Road prepared the way for development of the campus. Since that time, construction of an administration building, classrooms, a student center, resource center, dormitories and other student housing have resulted in the attractive and accessible campus that welcomes students today. The Rexius Event Center, incorporating a gym, a chapel and other facilities was completed in 2008. Concurrent with campus expansion has been the development of the academic program of the College. The College first offered four-year programs in 1974 and was offered degree-granting authority by the State of Oregon in 1976. In 1983, the college was granted accreditation with the Association for Biblical Higher Education