ELIGIBILITY FOR LIBRARY SERVICES
- All of the Library’s materials and online research applications are available to anyone for in-library use.
- NHCC students, faculty and staff may check materials out from Flint Memorial library, place interlibrary loan requests, and access online research applications from remote sites.
- The library also extends borrowing privileges to the following local community borrowers:
- Church staff members
- Retired Christian workers
- Local alumni of Eugene Bible College/New Hope Christian College
- Students, faculty and staff need their NHCC ID Card to check materials out. Community borrowers are asked to show photo identification.
- All borrowers must agree to abide by the Library’s policies, including the acceptance of responsibility for late fees and replacement charges.
- Every borrower is responsible for material checked out in their name, even if they allow another person to use the material.
- Holds may be placed on most items.
- Most items may be renewed if there are no holds placed.
- Material may be renewed via your Lighthouse account, in person or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Faculty may put materials on reserve. Loan periods may vary with instructor’s request.
- Material may be recalled to the library if a faculty member has requested it for instructional purposes or if another patron has requested the item and the item is beyond the initial checkout period.
- The Library endeavors to send courtesy reminder(s) of soon-to-be-due and overdue materials. It remains the responsibility of the borrower, however, to return materials promptly.
- Items not returned promptly will be subject to late fees and replacement charges, and a non-refundable billing fee.
- Accounts may be blocked from checkout due to overdue items or unpaid late fees.
|Loan Period||Item Limit||Late Fee / Item||Maximum Late Fee / item||Replacement charge / item|
(on campus students)
|21 days(2 renewals if no holds)||25 items||$1 / day||$20||$35, billed on 21st day overdue|
|Main Collection (distance students)||28 days(2 14-day renewals if no holds)||25 items||$1 / day||$20||$35, billed on 21st day overdue|
|Main Collection (Alumni & community borrowers)||21 days(2 renewals if no holds)||10 items||$1 / day||$20||$35, billed on 21st day overdue|
|Reserve Items||Varies||2 items||$1 / hour||$10 / day||If not returned within 48 hours:
$35 min. fee for books
$20 min. fee for all others
Several times a semester, charges are turned over to the college’s business office, at which time a $15 non-refundable administrative charge will be added. If a book is found and returned, the lost book fee may be refunded, but the borrower will be responsible for any fines and/or the administrative charge.
FOOD & DRINK POLICY
- Small, non-messy, non-smelly snacks are allowed. Beverages must be in a covered container to minimize spills.
- Open top beverage containers and meals in “to go” containers are not allowed
- Spills should be reported to library staff immediately so that they may be cleaned up before they set.
QUIET STUDY & GROUP STUDY
Most of the library is a whisper-quiet study environment. Conversations should be taken outside or to one of our two group study rooms.